New Estate Tax Law is Now Permanent. Note the $5.12 million estate exemption is per person, so for married persons there are methods to increase this exemption to be effectively over $10 million dollars. it is very important to look into setting up a trust or other planning devices. On larger estates such trusts can save $40,000 in estate taxes for every $100,000 over $5.12 million (up to $10.24 million) - A potential savings of over 2 million dollars. See in general http://www.karlinlaw.com/Trusts-Estates/
- Feb 19 - Proposed ballot initiative would revise California Proposition 13
- Feb 15 - Emotions add to the price tag of homes for first-time buyers
- Feb 07 - Is your business entry closed to those with disabilities?
- Feb 07 - Barriers to home ownership for younger people
- Jan 29 - An overview of the 2018 housing market