In the ever-evolving business of entertainment, spending time being advised by experienced legal professionals is one of the best investments you can make in your career. The Karlin Law Firm LLP is here to help you navigate the ins and outs of the entertainment industries, giving both career and legal advice on both contractual and litigation matters.
Our Entertainment Law Practice
- Production legal work for film and TV: Our indie film attorney can help in drafting and negotiating all types of contracts for your film and television production, including option agreements, crew and talent agreements, SAG and other union agreements, employment agreements, location contract and property releases, film permits, film and stock footage releases, and music rights and music clearance agreements
- Finance and distribution deals
- Music law: Our Indie music attorney can help in drafting and negotiating all types of music contracts, including record deals, live performance agreements, digital distribution agreements, licensing agreements, merchandising agreements, publishing agreements, dealing with ASCAP and BMI, work-for-hire agreements, band partnership agreements and band business formation, and management agreements
- Copyright: Copyrighting your work and copyright infringement litigation
- Trademark: Trademarking your brand, trademark infringement litigation, domain names and cybersquatting litigation
- Unauthorized use of name and likeness commercial misappropriation, false light, and defamation (libel and slander)
- Misappropriation of ideas, including fraud, misrepresentation and breach of contract
- Formation of business entities maximizing creative opportunities: We can help you in forming your partnership, limited liability company (LLC), limited partnership (LP) or corporation
Contact us to schedule an initial consultation at either our Tustin office or over the phone.
Individuals in creative industries, such as arts and entertainment, must take legal precautions to protect their work and their income. In this era of technological advances, more channels are open for unscrupulous individuals and businesses to access, pirate and profit from the intellectual property of others, increasing the need for sound legal advice on protecting your work.
Our entertainment lawyers and AV-rated attorneys have experience in protecting intellectual property as well as drafting and negotiating all types of entertainment contracts. Due to the rapid growth of the independent film and independent music industries, The Karlin Law Firm LLP has a special focus on contracts and intellectual property within the indie film and indie music business. If you are involved in the entertainment industry or in the arts, it is essential to speak with an experienced and knowledgeable entertainment law attorney, such as the attorneys at The Karlin Law Firm LLP.
Serving Southern California communities, including Irvine, Anaheim and the greater Los Angeles area, our clients have included a variety of creative professionals such as producers, musicians, writers, actors, authors, filmmakers and visual artists.
We are conscious of the pride you have in your work, and we are ready to help you protect your rights to expression, ownership and income. We believe you, as an artist, should have the opportunity to devote your time and talents to your creative endeavors and leave the legal work to experienced professionals. To that end, The Karlin Law Firm LLP and its indie film and music lawyer is committed to handling all the legal details, disputes, litigation and lawsuits so you can focus on creativity and expression.
For experienced representation by entertainment law attorneys in California, including Orange County, Los Angeles County, Tustin and San Diego County, contact us to schedule an initial consultation at our law office. We are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am until 5:30 pm, and our 24-hour answering service is available to handle matters at other times. Our Tustin, California business law and litigation office is centrally located off the 5 and 55 freeways, near the Orange County airport’s industrial market. Our Newport Beach, California business law and litigation office is located on Pacific Coast Highway, off the 55 freeway, near Hoag Hospital.