Restaurant Legal Advising
Karlin Law Firm LLP is committed to assisting individuals throughout Southern California with varied business transactions and disputes related to owning, operating, buying and selling a restaurant (including fast-food chain restaurants/franchises and casual dining restaurants). We have been representing our clients in the Orange County area for more than 30 years.
From our offices in Tustin and our qualified Orange County restaurant attorneys will work toward obtaining advantageous resolutions for your challenging legal matters. While mediation and arbitration can often yield positive results, we are prepared to skillfully litigate your case when necessary.
Orange County Attorneys Who Understand Your Restaurant Business Needs
With more than 30 years of combined experience handling all types of complex transactional and contractual business issues, AV-rated* attorney L. Scott Karlin, Michael J. Karlin, and David E. Karlin are equipped to assist you.
Our competent lawyers have handled a wide range of business matters for independent and franchised restaurants including:
- Employment law issues – employee/employer disputes, management agreements
- Buy/sell acquisitions and mergers
- Litigation – including injury/accident, food poisoning, cease and desist, failure to disclose, breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation
- Vendor/Vendee agreements
- Franchise agreement / UFOC, disclosure, nondisclosure agreements
- Lease negotiations – restaurant lease, commercial lease, rental lease
- Lease issues and disputes with landlords
- Site location
- Liquor license
- Entertainment issues and licensing – Muzak (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC), public performance royalty, live performance entertainment, music license, karaoke
- Partnership disputes
- New Business Start-up – Corporation and limited liability company (LLC) issues
- Partner/shareholder buyout issues – asset purchase and asset sale agreements
We understand the value of the location of a restaurant, and we will work with you to ensure that a favorable and proper lease agreement has been established and finalized.
Additionally, we will assist you in negotiating the sale and purchase, or acquisition of a restaurant, as well as bulk sales, escrow involving the purchase, and all other associated documentation and contracts.
Contact Karlin Law Firm LLP Today
For experienced representation and legal advice by a restaurant attorney in California, including Orange County, Los Angeles County, Tustin and San Diego Counties, contact us to schedule an initial consultation at our law office. We are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 am until 5:30 pm and our 24-hour answering service is available to handle matters at other times. Our Tustin, California Business Law and Litigation office is centrally located off the 5 and 55 freeways, near the Orange County airport’s industrial market. Our California business law and litigation office is located on Pacific Coast Highway, off the 55 freeway, near Hoag Hospital.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.